Administration / Security Positions
Guest Services Manager
Evanston Museum featuring Horology & Glass
Evanston, Illinois, USA
Responsibilities of the job:
- Report directly to the Executive Director.
- Perform all hiring, evaluating and terminating of Visitor Services Staff and volunteers. Visitor Services Staff is comprised of employees tasked with handling point-of-sale (such as ticketing and cafe), security, tour guides, cleaning and maintenance.
- Run the daily operations of the museum - including supervising the Visitor Services Staff and volunteers, monitoring staff breaks, delegating tasks for staff to do on slower days and filling in upon staff absences.
- Manage the ticketing desk with a focus on customer service, organization and efficiency - ensuring visitors are attended to professionally and promptly.
- Develop and maintain procedures for using the ticketing system and training Visitor Service Staff on its functionality.
- Promote and manage the sales of memberships to visitors.
- Handle operations of the downstairs cafe, including staffing, ordering inventory and making sure the stocking of the cafe kitchen and vending machines are handled as necessary.
- Open and close registers, monitor and reconcile daily receipts and generate daily cash reports as required by accounting.
- Actively work to generate group tours sales by regularly setting aside time to promote the Museum to local schools, park districts, community organizations, churches, etc.
- Handle all aspects of booking group tours - including following up on calls and emails from interested organizations, generating outside sales through direct contact of local organizations, planning the tours, assigning staff as necessary and facilitating deposits and payment.
- Organize weekly meetings for the Visitor Services Staff and volunteers in order to ensure daily operations run in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the Museum collection and current exhibitions/programs for the ongoing training of Visitor Service Staff.
- Serve as an advocate for the visitor while simultaneously promoting the welfare of the Museum - including communicating with visitors to ensure a positive Museum experience and resolving visitor concerns and complaints to their satisfaction and the Museum's.
Please send a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference museum-employment.com when applying for this job.
This job posted by MERC from April 9 through July 9.
The last update to this page was 4-21-17.